Thursday, February 4, 2010

Who do I go to now that money been stolen from my bank account via false representation in e-mail here?

I was sent an e-mail via email from the uk. I know, I know, I shouldn't have done what I done. Hope I didn't do anything illegial. They wanted me to open a bank account for them to collect money from others here in the states. Said it was to pay for merchendise ordered or something like that. I have saved all correspondence from them. I'm sure you can trace mine. Now that check was sent and found fraud. I now out of my money from the account. Plus the 10% they promised me for doing this. I am a single mom and cant afford this to happen. Now what do I do?Who do I go to now that money been stolen from my bank account via false representation in e-mail here?
You are an idiot. Suck it up and don't be so damn greedy.Who do I go to now that money been stolen from my bank account via false representation in e-mail here?
Only thing I can tell you is to talk to the bank. If they can not help you talk to the police
I suggest you start with your bank. The bank will know exactly who to contact for this. They will look at you and think unkind thoughts about your intelligence. Be prepared for this.





This is unfortunate. What's done is done. All of that correspondence is likely ALL faked. The people who did this are long gone and likely doing it again to someone else in a different place. I'll bet this was an international thing as well, which makes it even harder to find the culprits let alone prosecute them.





Please don't shoot te messenger...
Unfortunately, you are responsible for the money and it is not unheard of for the sucker to be arrested and prosecuted.





It wasn't ';stolen'; from your account. You participated in a fraud and you will have to pay the bank back every cent.





It may have been unknowingly, and for your sake I hope you can prove it. Just yesterday I was reading about a guy who did the exact same thing you did. He was arrested and prosecuted. It cost him $14,000 to get out of the legal mess he got himself into PLUS he had to pay the bank back every cent.





You aren't ';out 10%'; either. You don't get a commission for participating in a crime.
The best that you can do is go to your local police department. Chances are they can't catch whoever did this, but maybe? Sorry about your loss, but it's a lesson learned. Good luck!!
YOU BEEN SCAMMED BABY PURE AND SIMPLE - SORRY .
Though tracing internet fraud can be difficult, you may like to go to nearby police station to report the matter with back up you have. Best of luck.
You need to contact your bank's fraud prevention group and enlist their help.





You need to talk to an attorney.





You need to contact Yahoo.
go to the bank explain what happened... go to the police... and let them know too.. Close the account and reopen another, this way any attempt to collect further money will be discouraged... I feel for you... Learn your lesson, never trust any stranger who wants to give you money especially if they ask personal info .. ... like name, SS# , family size, bank account... and especially if you never met them...


Crap happens. And in the future don't deposit any money into your bank account, cash the check rather... I believe Western Union has a cashing checks service, and they will tell you straight up if there's money in that account... I know this cuz I worked for a guy in CHicago that had a bakery business and he wrote bad checks... I had to go for weeks with every check to get some money... Geez, that was annoying... But someone told me ';do not deposit checks from this guy, he writes checks and doesn't have money in the bank, to cover for it. I literally had to be at the bank every day.. in hopes some money will actually get into his account and I will get paid... Guess how long I lasted there? Not much... few months... and I was pregnant and my husband just lost his job, due to downsizing... Pretty scarry but we lived through it... You'll survive, and do better next time.


Anything with ';international'; in it, stay away from... USA has the best tracking system for fraud on the internet, but don't have jurisdiction outside its borders at least not all that much...





I once got this piece of paper in the mail that I have won $100 million on some international lottery... And they gave me a phone no.. to contact... I was curious who the heck has my address and who played internet lotto in my name.. I called the phone service, and asked if that was a real number, and if I was going to be charged $100 milion for the call itself or what... You never know... They said that the number was a cell phone no. from Spain, Madrid... so... I called... now I was even more intrigued. I can't tell you how eager were those men to get my bank info... and I told them I can't give that to them... They were like, but why??? Don't you trust us??? Duh!!!


I said that if they want to pay me money they can write a check and I will take care of it here. They said Ok... so verify your address... I said, well obviously you guys have my address, so why don't you read it to me and I will tell you if it's correct. As I expected they did just that... So I confirmed it... And then they said they needed my SS#... I said nope, you don't. I asked them will you give me yours? he said, I don't have one... So I said, neither do I... not for you. Then they asked me how many kids I have and if I was married. I told them none of your business, really.. He said I don't have to be rude... I said , Oh, but I do. CUz you're trying to rip me off here. Finally, the guy says well Miss... your checque will arrive in 4 weeks... Right, and a bridge along with it! I was soo proud of myself... Imagine, other people got robbed of 50 mil... or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment