Thursday, February 4, 2010

I have been charged with 3 counts of Fraud by false representation?

On Thursday I was finally charged after months of being re bailed.





I was working as a sales man at a local company. With the credit Crunch well underway, and just after having taken on a new home we were finding things rather tight financially, we also have to young children.





I had a friend who runs a similar company, and a approached him to sell his products and earm a commission, which i thought was all above board.





Where I am told now I went wrong is I sold to my employer, making a personal gain. In total over three invoices I made a personal gain of 拢1200, but when this was found out and I resigned from the company my final months salary was stopped totalling 拢1500.





I am due to appear in Magistrates court in a few weeks (just befor christmas), what is likley to happen, would i go to prison?I have been charged with 3 counts of Fraud by false representation?
This previous answer on YA regarding fraud can serve as an indicator to mimimum and maximum sentences for fraud: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind鈥?/a>


Although things will be specific to your case. I'm not sure from your description as to what the actual fraud was, you were buying from a friend and selling to your company?I have been charged with 3 counts of Fraud by false representation?
Only your solicitor will know the answer to this. The full circumstances and many other factors need to be taken into account, including any previous convictions.


If you don't have a solicitor you need to get one asap, or ask to see the duty solicitor when you arrive at court. If you do this, then the solicitor will ask for an adjournment to allow time to consider the charges and then advise you properly.


Good luck.
No previous convictions? Family man? Pleading guilty? Suspended sentence.





Edit: You betrayed your employer, and the courts do not like that. With a decent solicitor you'll get a light sentence - certainly not prison. You've lost your job and you'll find it hard to get another one. That will probably be punishment enough.
hi i really wouldn't worry for your 1st offence, if you get a 拢100 fine feel hard done by! just hit your solicitor with a hard luck story, he'll tell it to the Magistrate, you sit there looking sorry and your out the door goodluck and merry xmas
The Magistrates will most probably refer it to the Crown Court and it will depend what sort of a mood the Judge is in, but Courts take a dim view of fraud. You may get a prison sentence, but it could be suspended.
There is no maximum sentence for fraud, For a sum as small as 拢1200 you will probably be ordered to do community service and repay the 拢1200.
  • good myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment