Thursday, February 4, 2010

What false representations of transition did you find in Trans America?

Its been about year since I saw that movie and I am not that familiar with a transition, but since your asking I'll mention a scene that bothered me (if I am even recalling it correctly): The scene (I believe it was towards the end of the movie) where she met with her therapist and the words she had to speak to finalize (the justification of) getting SRS didn't seem right to me.What false representations of transition did you find in Trans America?
I was afraid of them so I haven't seen it.





The best(and most honest)fictional representations of Trans Life I've seen have been:


1) Different for Girls


2)Ma Vie En Rose(the old one)


3) A character in ';World's Fastest Indian';


4) Boys Don't Cry (hard to watch, though)


5) Breakfast on Pluto


6) and yes....The Crying GameWhat false representations of transition did you find in Trans America?
The whole transition process is kinda glanced over in the movie really... I mean, for a depiction in a film, I think it was pretty good at showing one fictional person's journey. I've still never had a sweet old lady in the deep south give me a free electro touch-up will offering a sassy brand of homespun wisdom, but everyone follows their own path, right?
  • good myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment